To configure the Malwarebytes Management Console (MBMC) to use an external database:
- Log in to the Management Console
- Click the Admin Pane -> Overview
- Under the SQL Database Setting, click Change...
- Click Use External Database.
- Enter the following information:
- Database Address: The IP address/FQDN of the SQL database i.e. Hostname\instance
- User Name: The username of a sql account that has dbowner permissions of the database.
- Password: The password for the username
Please note the new database/instance must already exist prior to this change, and security permissions must be set appropriately for the SQL Administrator username in order to connect to the external database. Also, the database must be set in mixed mode authentication and an SQL(not a windows login) account must be used for this connection.