On a computer with multiple Logins, it may get difficult to effectively protect the computer. Especially when Logins that are not Admin level, make changes to the security software that is protecting the computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware addresses this concern by allow the ability to prevent other Logins to manipulate the settings of the program. To restrict access to certain features in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.x, you will need to create an Access Policy.
Access policies are currently only available for Trial or Premium users. To create an access policy, please follow these steps:
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.x
- Click Settings > Access Policies > Add
- Under Accessibility Options, check any settings you would like to restrict access to
- Create a Policy Name and enter a Password
- Click OK
The new Access Policy will take effect immediately and require any users who attempt to access restricted features to enter the password supplied.
To edit or remove an Access Policy, click the Edit or Remove button from the Access Policies menu.
Note: If you forget your password, the only method to remove the password is to completely reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
To restrict access in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75 or lower:
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Click Settings -> General Settings -> Set Password
- Enter a Password and confirm it by retyping the password
- Click Submit
- Restart Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You will now be unable to access these tabs without entering the password
- Ignore List
Note: If you forget your password, the only method to remove the password is to completely re-install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.