Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac is our first version of a Scan and Remediation software for Apple's OSX. If you would like to install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac this guide will take you through the process of install.
How to Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.
To install Anti-Malware for Mac:
- Download the latest version of Anti-Malware for Mac from our website. You can also click on our Direct Download link to start the download if you don't want to visit our website.
- Double-click the .dmg file to open it
- Once the .dmg file opens, click and drag Anti-Malware for Mac onto the Applications folder
- Once the file finishes copying, click File from the menu
- Click Eject Anti-Malware for Mac
Once ejected, you may delete the .dmg file, as it is no longer needed. You can now launch Anti-Malware for Mac from the Applications Folder. When you launch Anti-Malware for Mac the first time, you will be prompted for an admin password to install a privileged helper tool. This tool is required to safely and securely remove adware from certain locations that require special privileges to modify.
If you do not provide a password, you can still use the software, but will not be able to remove all adware. If you are unable to install the helper tool because you cannot remember the password for an admin user account on your Mac, see the Change or reset the password of a macOS user account document for help resetting your account password.