Currently there is a conflict between Sophos Home and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium that will cause web browsers to either lock up and not respond, or the browsers will not load any web pages.
In order for Sophos Home and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium to work together without conflicting you need to setup exceptions (also called exclusions) in the two programs.
Please do the following to setup exceptions in Sophos Home and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:
First, please disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as you will need to be able to get on the internet to setup Sophos exclusions. To do this right-click on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware icon in the system tray and uncheck the boxes next to Malware Protection and Malicious Website protection.
Configure Exclusions with Sophos Home
- Log-in the Sophos Home dashboard
- On the left of the screen click on the computer you would like to set exceptions for.
- Scroll down to exceptions section
- Type in the following folder path in the text box and hit enter
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Configuring Exclusions with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Click on Settings
- Click on Malware Exclusions in the left pane.
- Click on Add Folder
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files
- Locate the Sophos folder and click once to highlight it.
- Click Select Folder.
- Close Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and reboot your computer.
You should then be able to use your web browsers normally.
If this does not resolve your issue or if you have further questions, please contact support.