Malwarebytes for Windows displays pop-up notifications to keep you informed of scans, upgrades, Real-Time Protection events, and threats on your computer. To adjust your notification settings in Malwarebytes for Windows, go to the Settings > Application tab.
Turning off notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows doesn't turn off critical notifications. Critical notifications require user action. The following types of notifications are considered critical:
- expiration notices
- renewal reminders
- Real-Time Protection blocked a threat
- scan detected a threat
- updates are out of date
- reboot required to remove threats
Toggle non-critical notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Settings > Application tab.
- Scroll down to the Notification section.
- From the Notifications section, you can configure the following settings:
- Turn off non-critical notifications
Toggle the Show Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows System Tray setting to the off position.
- Choose how long notifications appear
Next to Close notifications after, click the menu to choose how quickly notifications close.
- Turn off Real-Time Protection notifications
Toggle the Show Notifications when Real Time Protection settings are turned off setting to the off position.
To see a list of Malwarebytes for Windows notifications, refer to the Malwarebytes for Windows User Guide, Appendix A: Notification Window Examples.