Malware is often pervasive in nature, making every effort to avoid your security software. In some cases, malware may hide from your security software or attempt to stop your security software from running. Without being able to run software such as the Malwarebytes Techbench USB (Legacy), malware can continue to do damage to a computer. If you find you are unable to remove malware from an infected computer, we recommend using Malwarebytes Chameleon.
Malwarebytes Chameleon is best used in moments where malware seems to evade detection. When you run Malwarebytes Chameleon, the program launches Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in an incognito mode, hiding the Anti-Malware while it scans your computer.
Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with Chameleon
- Open the Malwarebytes Techbench USB (Legacy).
- Click More.
- Click Launch Chameleon.
- On the left, click a numbered Chameleon button.
Click each button until a black Command Prompt window opens.
- Press any key to continue.
- Allow Chameleon to update, and click OK when finished.
- Allow Chameleon to scan, and click OK when finished.
- Click Show Results.
- If malware or other items were detected, take action to either ignore, quarantine, or delete the items.
- To close Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click Exit.
- Press any key to close Chameleon.
If you removed an infection using Malwarebytes Chameleon, we recommend restarting the computer. Malware can latch onto the operating system, making it difficult to finish the removal process until the computer is restarted.