Scanning with the Malwarebytes Techbench USB (Legacy) is the first step most computer repair technicians take to remove malware from an infected computer. When you initiate a scan, Techbench USB (Legacy) allows you to configure the type of scan options you want to use with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can detect malware, adware, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), and more.
Scan with Malwarebytes Techbench USB (Legacy)
- Insert your Techbench USB (Legacy) into the infected computer.
- Open the Techbench USB, then run mbtechbench.exe.
- Check the box Start a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Select the type of scan you wish to run.
- To enable additional settings, check Make it silent.
- To begin the scan, click Launch.
After you have removed an infection from the computer, you may need to restart the computer. Restarting the computer stops all processes, including malware. If there are still malware processes running, some traces of malware may remain on the computer. Should malware continue to reappear on the computer, consider running Malwarebytes Chameleon. For more information, refer to the article Unable to remove malware with the Techbench USB (Legacy).