If you would like your Managed Clients to download database updates from somewhere other than the Malwarebytes Management Server, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Malwarebytes Management Console
Click the Policy Pane
Select the Policy applied to the computers that you wish to change, then click Edit.
Click on the Updater Settings Tab.
Under Alternative Update Sources, click the check box Download signature from alternate source...
Enter the following details:
- ...every X hours... will determine how often the client checks the alternate source for updates
- ...if Management server is not accessible for Y hours... will determine how long the client will attempt to download from the Management Server before using the alternate source
- Download from custom path must be a URL, IP Address, or UNC File path where the database updates can be downloaded from
- Download signature from Internet if signature update from custom path fails can be checked if you would like your clients to update from the Internet if the custom path is unavailable or fails
- If you would prefer your clients to only update from the internet, select the Download signature update from Internet option
- If your network environment requires that internal computers utilize a proxy server, check the Proxy Setting option and enter your proxy details.