With Malwarebytes for Windows, you can scan specific files, folders, or locations on your computer using the right-click pop-up menu, also known as the Windows context menu. From the context menu, you can click Scan with Malwarebytes. This option in the context menu can be toggled on and off for your convenience. This article explains the process of toggling the Windows Context Menus feature.
Turn context menu scans on or off
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Settings, then click the Application tab.
- Scroll down to Windows Context Menus.
- Use the toggle under Show Malwarebytes options in Windows Explorer to turn the feature on or off.
- To confirm the context menu scan option is on or off, right-click a file, folder, or location on your computer.