In house holds with multiple users on one computer, it may be wise to set up a User Access Policy to avoid changes to the software's settings. User Access Policy allows users of Malwarebytes Premium and Trial versions to restrict access to various features and functions in Malwarebytes with password protection. This feature is not available to users of the Free version. Currently, only one policy may be in effect at any given time. Use the instructions below once you have turned on the software to configure User Access Policies.
To configure User Access Policy:
- Click the Settings tab in the left pane.
- Click the Application tab in the top pane.
- Scroll down to User Access.
- Click the switch ON to enable the User Access settings.
- Click the Edit User Access button.
- In the Edit User Access Policy screen, set a password and confirm the password in the provided fields.
- Under Features to restrict:, check the boxes for the items to be restricted to other users.
- Click OK to save the policy. Once it's saved you can exit the program.
- Restart the computer to enable the polices.