This document shows you how to activate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium using your Premium license key. If you have not purchased a Premium license key, go to our shopping cart to purchase a subscription. If you have misplaced your license key, see how to retrieve your license key article.
How to activate video
Click the video below to watch a tutorial on how to activate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- If you have not installed Malwarebytes for Windows on your computer, see how to install Malwarebytes for Windows article.
- At the top right of the window, click Activate License.
- If Malwarebytes for Windows Premium is active, Activate License does not appear.
- Click the Enter your Key text box then enter your license key.
- If your license came with a license ID, click the checkbox next to My license came with a License ID.
- If you do not have a license ID, leave the checkbox blank and move on to step 6.
- Click the Enter your ID text box then enter your license ID.
- If you do not have an ID, uncheck the box and move on to step 6.
- Click Activate License to activate your Premium license.
- After you activate your license, the top left corner of the application window changes to Malwarebytes | Premium.
Note: Real-time protection turns on after you activate Malwarebytes for Windows. It takes a few seconds for protection to start.
- In the top right corner, click to confirm Premium is activated.
After you activate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium, a threat scan starts. To explore other features and settings in Malwarebytes for Windows Premium, see the Malwarebytes for Windows User Guide.