- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Locate the downloaded file, mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
x.x.x.xxxx represents the version number
In most cases, downloaded files are saved to the Downloads folder.
- To start the Malwarebytes for Windows Setup., double-click mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
- When User Account Control appears, click Yes.
User Account Control is a Windows feature and needs your permission to install Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the setup language, then click OK.
The setup language may default to the language set on your computer.
- To install Malwarebytes for Windows and agree to the End User License Agreement, click Agree and Install.
To choose a different install location, click Advanced Options
When the installation is complete, Malwarebytes for Windows opens automatically and the recommended settings are enabled by default. If you have purchased a Premium license, refer to the article Activate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.