You can install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for Business as a managed or unmanaged client solution. An unmanaged client is a client that is not installed or managed from the management console. A managed client is a client that is installed and managed from the management console.
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a managed client, consult the article Install managed clients with Malwarebytes Management Console.
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an unmanaged client, the instructions are provided below.
Download the setup file
To download the setup file, download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business ZIP archive.
Inside the ZIP archive, there are two Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business setup files:
- mbam-setup-x.xx.x.xxxx.exe (Application)
- mbam-setup-x.xx.x.xxxx.msi (Windows Installer Package)
We recommend installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business using the Application (.exe) file. If you use a third-party installation tool to install software, use the Windows Installer Package (.msi) setup file.
Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business using the .exe file:
- Locate and extract the download, Malwarebytes_Anti_Malware_for_Business.zip.
- Double-click the Unmanaged > Windows folders.
- Run the file mbam-setup-x.xx.x.xxxx.exe as an administrator.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Choose the language you want to use during installation.
- Use the Setup Wizard to configure your preferences for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
To see more detailed instructions, refer to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Unmanaged Client Administrator Guide, Installation section.
Activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business, then click Activate.
- In the Activate Product window, enter your ID and key.
- Click Activate.
For more information, refer to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Unmanaged Client Administrator Guide, Activation section.