To include Malwarebytes managed client on a Sysprep, clone, or master image, you need to create the base image in a specific way.
When installing a Malwarebytes managed client, the endpoint reaches out to the management server to receive a unique identifier. A unique client record is created in the database for this identifier and endpoint. If the base image is created with a network connection and the managed client has received a unique identifier, installing this image on other computers will update the existing client record not create a new client record in the database.
Follow these steps when creating a base image:
- Create an installation package of the policy you would like the imaged computers to use.
- Copy the install package to the base image. We recommend installing Malwarebytes last.
- Stop communication between the base image machine and the Malwarebytes management server by removing the network connection.
- Install the Malwarebytes Managed Client from the install package.
- Create the base image.
- Upload the image.
If you need to update the base image and a network connection is needed, you must stop the Malwarebytes service to prevent communication with the management server.
- For Malwarebytes Endpoint Security managed clients, stop the SCCOMM service.
- For Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection managed clients, stop the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent service.
When you deploy the image and the computers come online, they will automatically register as unique clients in the Management Console.