Users of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1 and older or MBAE 1.09 and older should upgrade to Malwarebytes 3 (version [3.1.2]) as of its [5/10/2017] release date.
Malwarebytes 3 Premium combines all of our malware-fighting technology—anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection into one program that scans 4x faster than previous versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. It’s the strongest, most comprehensive Malwarebytes protection ever. A few things to note before upgrading:
- You don't need to uninstall your existing software. The installer for Malwarebytes 3 will take care of that for you.
- You don't need to deactivate your license, the installation will retain the information and apply your license to the new version.
- Your settings, policies, and scheduled scans are not carried over.
To upgrade to Malwarebytes 3:
- Visit our website (www.malwarebtyes.com) then click on the "FREE DOWNLOAD".
- You will be taken to the "Thank you" page and your download will begin shortly.
- Locate the installer file in your Downloads folder (or other saved location).
- Double-click the installer file and run the program, and follow the installer instructions to complete the installation. You will see a notification explaining that your existing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, or Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (Beta) applications need to be uninstalled before you can install Malwarebytes 3. You must accept this in order to proceed with the install.
- Launch Malwarebytes 3. You will see a “Welcome to Malwarebytes 3” screen explaining the updates in Malwarebytes 3. Click Learn More for additional information. The Welcome screen will only appear the first time you run Malwarebytes 3.