This issue has been addressed in the latest version. Pleas upgraded to the latest version, refer to article How to Upgrade to the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.
We are aware of an issue issue with Malwarebytes 3 (MB3) and the latest versions of PowerPoint (Office 365 version 1611 and above). It's been reported that PowerPoint will not launch or will crash when Malwarebytes 3 is installed.This was caused by a conflict with the Anti-Exploit module within MB3. We do have a procedure in place to prevent this from happening. Please follow the instructions below.
While we are looking for a solution, the following is what we recommend as a workaround.
- Launch Malwarebytes 3.
- Click the Settings tab in the left pane.
- Click the Protection tab in the top pane.
- Click Manage Protected Applications.
- In the Protected Applications window, scroll down to find Microsoft Office PowerPoint and toggle to disable/turn off the protection.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.