Real Time Protection is a Key Premium Feature, it's what prevents malware from getting on your computer. If you are wondering if a certain protection module is running or not, the fastest way to check is the program Dashboard. The Dashboard shows a quick overview of the system. You will find the Scan Status section, the Protection History section, and more importantly, you can find the Real Time Protection status section.
A green check mark indicates that the module is enabled, while an orange exclamation point in a circle indicates that the module is disabled. The words "On" or "Off" will also be displayed depending on the status. If a module is disabled you will need to turn them back on. While the program is open perform the following:
- Click the Settings tab in the left pane.
- Click the Protection tab in the top pane.
- Real -Time protection will display 4 separate settings:
- Web Protection: Prevents connections to malicious or compromised websites
- Exploit Protection: Prevents vulnerability exploits and zero-day attacks
- Malware Protection: Prevents malware infections
- Ransomware Protection: Prevents ransomware from encrypting files
- If any switch is set to "Off" when they should be on, then you can toggle it back "On" here.
These settings are enabled when Malwarebytes is activated with a valid license key. The free version does not feature real time protection and these settings will be disabled.