We recommend you upgrade to the latest version of our products as they become available. Upgrades include new features, feature improvements, or fixes for known issues.
By default, Malwarebytes for Windows displays an Upgrade Available notification when a new version is ready for installation. If you've received an Upgrade Available notification from Malwarebytes for Windows, click Install Now, and complete the install starting with step 6.
If you haven't received an upgrade notification, use Malwarebytes for Windows' settings to check for upgrades.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click Settings, then click the Application tab.
- Under the Application Updates section, click Install Application Updates.
- After you see Progress: Updates successfully downloaded, click OK to continue.
If there are no updates available, click OK to exit.
- Click Yes to start the upgrade.
- When User Account Control appears, click
- Use the drop-down menu to select the setup language, then click
The setup language may default to the language set on your computer. .
To choose a different install location, click .
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation is complete, click
When Malwarebytes for Windows finishes upgrading, the application continues to run using your previous settings. To ensure you have installed the latest version, refer to the Home Products Release History.
Still need help? Check out Troubleshoot issues with Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Start a scan with Malwarebytes
- Turn off upgrade notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows
- Malwarebytes for Windows User Guide
Still need help? Chat with us.