There are a few issues with Malwarebytes 3 that stems from a conflict with a product named F-Secure. F-Secure is another security program that offers internet security using similar techniques. Having multiple security products on your computer can cause conflicts between the different programs. In our case the following situation happens with F-Secure Internet Security and Malwarebytes 3 installed on Windows 10 PCs.
- User cannot uninstall (uninst000.dat access denied error). Same also happens on Windows 7 PCs.
- After Malwarebytes 3 is installed and you reboot the computer, MB3 doesn't launch.
- After Malwarebytes 3 is installed and you reboot the computer, any attempt to manually launch results in "Cannot connect to service".
- After Malwarebytes 3 is installed and you reboot the computer, MB3 will properly protect Internet Explorer, but will not display our notification that a page was blocked.
- After MB3 is installed and you reboot the computer, MB3 does not protect Google Chrome.
If you are experiencing any of the issues above, there's a known issue with MB3 and F-Secure. To fix this, go into F-Secure settings to the following page and click the exclusions link at the bottom. Then add C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware to the exclusions. Then restart and your issue should be resolved