Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit beta removes and repairs the latest rootkits and the damage they cause on your Windows computer. See instructions below to download and run the tool to fix damage caused by rootkits. This is considered an advanced tool. Please contact Malwarebytes Support if you need help using the Anti-Rootkit beta.
Cleanup Windows device using Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit beta
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit beta from here and follow the steps below:
- The Anti-Rootkit application appears in your Download list once downloaded. Double-click it to run the tool.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update the database and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so. This process may take a few minutes.
- Once Windows reboots, repeat steps 1-4 to verify that no threats remain on your computer. If already verified, move onto step 6.
- If no additional threats were found, make sure that your system now runs normally. Make sure the following are functional:
- Internet access
- Windows Update
- Windows Firewall
- If there are additional problems with your system, problems with the items listed above, or other system issues, then run the fixdamage tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. It is located in the Plugins folder inside the Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit folder.
- Verify that your system is now functioning normally.