Have you ever come across a suspicious file that you were unsure of? Sure! A lot of us have. Most of the time, we just delete them and move on with out lives. There is an alternative to just deleting and moving on. Our researchers go through tons of files every day. A lot of them come from our customers! Which is very helpful in making sure everyone has a malware free internet experience. Our goal is to have a malware free community, and you can help by submitting suspicious files you find to us to examine. If you have a suspicious file that you believe is malware, but is not being detected by Malwarebytes, you can submit the file to us by using the process below:
- Send your sample to VirusTotal to ensure that it is sample and not a broken file.
- Compress the file into a zip or rar file.
- Note: Your .zip file must be password protected with infected to be reviewed
- If you would like to add any comments, please add these as an additional attachment
- Submit the sample to our public forums.
Once your sample has been received, we will review it to verify if it is a threat and then add it to the database definitions as necessary. For more information about what sort of content you should include on your form post, visit this post on the Community Forums for a guideline to follow.