Our licenses can be tailored to accommodate the needs of our customers. However, after a purchase, the licenses cannot be modified or combined so it's important to know how your licenses have been configured after you make a purchase. The number of computers* you may install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on depends on what type of license you have.
- A 1-PC, lifetime license (sold as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO)** may only be installed on one computer at any given time. This type of license does not expire, but can only protect 1 computer at a time. It can be transferred to another computer but will require deactivation before the transfer. (These licenses are no longer available for purchase)
- A 1-PC, subscription license (sold as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium)*** How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on more than one computer? . This is an Annual Subscription license. It needs to be renewed on the anniversary of it's purchase date and protects the amount of computers it is configured for.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free may be installed on any number of computers. The base software, is FREE and can be installed on computers to scan for and remove malware. It only does remediation with no form of active protection. That is available by purchased a Subscription license to the premium features.
Please note that ALL download links from our site (www.malwarebytes.com) and from confirmation emails, are for the FREE version. A subscription license must be activated in the FREE version to UNLOCK the Premium Features.
Note: These versions only apply to home users. If you are a business and wish to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, please read this help article: How can I legally use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my Business or Corporate environment (including Government, Education…
* If your computer has multiple operating systems, each operating system will count as a single computer. Refer to KB article, Can I activate the license on a computer with multiple operating systems?
** Lifetime licenses include:
- All licenses purchased prior to March 2014
- Licenses purchased after March 2014 as part of a Malwarebytes online promotion (currently unavailable)
- Licenses purchased after March 2014 from a trusted partner (very few available as of May 2015). Refer to KB article, Can I buy Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from eBay?
*** 1 PC (or up to 10 PC) yearly subscription license are currently the only type of license available directly from the Malwarebytes online store.