If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium has blocked a malicious website, you can configure Web Exclusions to bypass the detection and access the website. However, accessing a malicious website can result in an infection on your computer, and as such, we recommend you only exclude websites and applications you are familiar with.
When a malicious website is blocked, as depicted below, you may have encountered a domain, IP address, or process that is suspicious or known to contain malware.
More information on website blocked notifications are available in the article Received a Website Blocked notification from Malwarebytes for Windows.
Configure Web Exclusions
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.
- Click Settings.
- To the left, clickWeb Exclusions
- On the Web Exclusions screen, see the three following options:
- Click Add IP to exclude an IP address.
- Click Add Domain to exclude a website.
- Click Add Process to exclude an application process.
To see additional instructions for each option in Web Exclusions, see the sections below.
- In the Add Web Process Exclusion window, locate the process you want to exclude.
- Click the process, then click Open.
To see more about exclusions and its options, refer to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware User Guide, Web Exclusions section.