If your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) v.2.x is blocking a website or network program that you trust you will need to add a Web Exclusion.
Web exclusions allows users of MBAM Premium and Trial versions to exclude IP addresses, Internet domains, and processes from Website Protection. To create a new Web Exclusion:
- Open MBAM v.2.x
- Click Settings > Web Exclusions
- Click one of the four following options:
- Add IP
- Add IP will exclude a single IP address i.e. 18.104.22.168.
- To add an IP to the Exclusions List, enter the IP address you wish to exclude and click OK.
- Add Domain
- Add Domain will exclude an entire domain address i.e. www.malwarebytes.com.
- To add a domain to the Exclusion List, enter the domain you wish to exclude and click OK.
- Add Process
- Add Process will exclude a process that uses network connectivity.
- To add a process to the Exclusion List
- Navigate to the location of the network process that you wish to exclude
- Click the process to highlight it, then click Open.
- Remove will delete an existing Web Exclusion.
- To remove a Web Exclusion, click the exclusion you no longer wish to have and then click Remove.
You may also add an item to the Exclusion List by clicking the Exclude Website button that appears when MBAM blocks the website.
Note: Adding items to this list may result in your computer becoming more vulnerable. You should only exclude IP addresses, domains, or processes that you trust. If you are using a peer-to-peer application, adding the process to the Exception List is advised over adding the IP address or domain, as this will continue to protect your computer from malicious content.