To create or edit a Policy in Malwarebytes Management Console, click on the Policy Pane in Management Console.
- To create a new policy: Click on the Add button.
- To edit a policy: Select the Policy that you want to edit and click on the Edit button.
Below are brief explanations of the various Policy setting tabs.
- General Settings - This tab controls the policy name and other general settings.
- Protection Settings - This tab controls the Real Time Malware Protection settings. By default, Protection Module is disabled.
- Scanner Settings - This tab controls behavior of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware during scanning.
- Scheduler Settings - This tab controls scheduled scans from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Ignore List - This tab controls which items are ignored by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Updater Settings - This tab controls how and when the Malwarebytes Managed Client will receive database updates.
- Communication - This tab determines how often your Managed Clients communicate with the Management Server, and allows for a Proxy server to be configured for client communication. For additional information, refer to How often do Managed Clients check for updates from the Management Server?
- Anti-Exploit - This tab controls the Anti-Exploit protection settings, exploit detection, and shielded applications.
- Anti-Exploit Exclusion List - This tab controls which items are ignored by Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
If you would like more detailed information on any of the settings found within this tab, please refer to the administrator guide available here.