SQL Express to SQL Server migration
- Click Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes Management Server > Data Backup and Restoration.
Note: Malwarebytes Management Server may be listed as Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition on older versions.
- Create a new backup of the database on your Management Server.
- Copy the backup folder to your SQL Server.
- Inside the backup folder, locate the SCDB.mdf and .ldf files.
- Copy these files to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA
Note: This folder may vary depending on your installation path.
- On the new SQL Server, log in to SQL Management Studio.
- Attach the SCDB.MDF file.
- Once attached, rename the database from C:\Program Files... to SCDB.
- On your existing Management Server, log in to the Management Console.
- Click the Admin Pane.
- On the Overview tab, under SQL Database Setting, click Change.
- Enter the address, instance name, and user information (sysadmin role preferred) for the SQL server.
- The Management Console should disconnect, and then you should be able to log in again.