**v18.104.22.16843 is the latest version of the Management Console - 07/28/2017**
These instructions will guide you through the process of upgrading Malwarebytes Management Console (MBMC) to the latest version.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ BEFORE UPGRADING
Malwarebytes Management Console version 1.8 contains under-the-hood improvements to the management console and endpoint software for better scalability and stability.
During the period between upgrading the management console and managed client software, you may observe significantly longer check-in intervals from your endpoints. This behavior is temporary, and is automatically corrected after you upgrade the managed client software on your endpoints.
Rest assured that protection will remain intact on your endpoints. All scheduled scans, anti-malware updates, threat activity notification will continue without interruption.
To mitigate the delayed check-in scenario, and to ensure that you can take advantage of all new features, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade your managed client software as soon as possible after upgrading the management console.
As a prerequisite, ensure that the server where Malwarebytes Management Console is hosted can successfully communicate with the following:
Once you are ready to upgrade, perform the following steps:
- It is strongly recommended that you back up your database by following these instructions.
- Log in to the server using the account that originally performed the installation, or as the local administrator
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes Endpoint Security from your confirmation e-mail. If you cannot find your confirmation e-mail, please contact your sales representative.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP archive
- As an administrator, run “mbmc-setup-22.214.171.12443.exe” (located in the “Managed” folder of the ZIP archive) to launch the installer
- Do NOT uninstall the existing version of Malwarebytes Management Console - the upgrade will retain all of your current settings
- The installation process will appear as if it is a new installation - this is intended
- Once the upgrade is complete, log in to console and navigate to the Admin -> Overview area, and verify that the status for each applicable product is “Licensed”
- If you upgraded from version 1.3, you must manually enter your license key(s)
- If you upgraded from version 1.6 in TRIAL mode, you will need to enter your trial license key(s)
- If you need assistance with obtaining your license key(s), please contact your Sales representative or Customer Success for assistance
- Re-install your client software to upgrade to the latest client version
- You will not need to uninstall your current clients; instead, you can perform another push-install on top of the existing client software