Your Malwarebytes subscription allows you to activate a limited number of devices. If you plan to format, repair, or replace a computer that has Malwarebytes for Windows Premium installed, you must deactivate your Premium license first. Deactivating removes your Premium license and helps prevent activation issues in the future.
There are two ways you can deactivate your Premium license. Use Option 1, if you have access to the computer you want to deactivate. If your computer was formatted, repaired, replaced, or lost, see Option 2.
Option 1: Malwarebytes for Windows Premium
- On the computer you want to deactivate, open Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.
- Click My Account.
- Click Deactivate License.
- When the Deactivate License window appears, click Yes.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Malwarebytes for Windows reverts to the Free version. The Dashboard says You're running Malwarebytes Free.
Option 2: My Account website
To restore Malwarebytes for Windows Premium on your computer, or transfer your license to a new computer, see the following articles: