We recommend deactivating your license key if:
- you are transferring your license key to a new device.
- you need to repair, replace, or sell your device.
- your device has been lost or stolen.
There are two ways to deactivate your license key through My Account or within the Malwarebytes product.
Deactivate license key in My Account
If you purchased your Premium license key from the Malwarebytes store, you can log in to My Account to deactivate your license key.
When you deactivate your license key, the key is disconnected from your devices. If you turn on the device within 24 hours of deactivating, your device is automatically reconnected to your license key.
- Connect your device to the Internet.
- Uninstall Malwarebytes software from your device to prevent the software from automatically reactivating.
- Log in to My Account to deactivate your license key.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- Locate the license key you wish to deactivate, then click Deactivate all.
Or, if you have a multi use license key, click the drop-down arrow:
Then click Deactivate all.
Deactivate license key in Malwarebytes product
- On your device, open Malwarebytes.
- Click on My Account.
- Click on Deactivate License button.
- In the Deactivate License window, click on Yes button to deactivate.