To uninstall Malwarebytes software from your Windows computer, use the Control Panel. Control Panel is a Windows utility that includes tools to uninstall/change software on your computer.
Control Panel can uninstall our software, but it does not delete Malwarebytes' settings, license information, and other configuration files. To uninstall and delete Malwarebytes configuration files, refer to the article Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
Uninstall Malwarebytes software with Control Panel
- Open the Start menu located at the bottom-left of your screen.
- Search for Control Panel, then click Control Panel to open the application.
For help locating and using Control Panel, refer to Microsoft's article Where is Control Panel?
- From Control Panel, click one of the following options:
- Click the Malwarebytes software you are attempting to uninstall, then click Uninstall or Remove.
- If a User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
User Account Control helps ensure you have given permission to uninstall your Malwarebytes software.
- When Malwarebytes has been successfully removed from your computer, click OK to exit.
For more information on how to uninstall a program from Windows, refer to Microsoft's articles:
- Uninstall apps and programs (Windows 10)
- Tips to free up drive space on your PC (Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1)
- Return to Malwarebytes for Windows guide