Our software will offer to our customers who have never used the software before, a Trial of our Premium Features. At it's core, Malwarebytes is a Scan and Remediation Software that will look for malware and remove it. The Premium Features include:
- Automated Task Scheduling - Where you can configure automated scans at the times and days that you would like. Choose which kind of scan to execute, where to scan, and how often. Keep in mind that you can only schedule scans for times when the computer is active. Malwarebytes 3 will not wake or turn on your computer to execute a scan.
- Real Time Protection to prevent malicious software getting on to your computer. These include:
- Web Protection - Blocking of Websites that are known to host Malicious Software.
- Malware Protection - When Malware attempts to get deployed onto your Computer it gets caught and gets stopped before it can get onto your computer.
- Exploit Protection - When programs that are already on your computer get manipulated through loop holes in their coding, to do something they are not intended to, the program gets shut down to prevent malware from getting on your computer.
- Ransomware Protection - monitors all activity in the computer and identifies actions which are typical of ransomware activity. It keeps track of all activity and, once it has enough evidence to determine a certain process or thread to be ransomware, blocks the process or thread and quarantines the ransomware
If you have used the software before and are not interested in the Protection features because you have another Protection Software that you have or if you just want Malwarebytes 3 for it's scan and remediation, then you can disable the Trial by doing the following:
- Launch Malwarebytes. You will see Malwarebytes | Premium Trial displayed at the top of the Dashboard.
- Go to Settings > My Account tab.
- Click the Deactivate Premium Trial button. Click Yes, when prompted with the confirmation window.
- Once complete, you will notice that Malwarebytes 3 will revert to FREE version.
After having the Free Trial and Disabling it, if you have the software still on your computer and you have purchased a Subscription License, you don't need to download the software again. You can enable the Premium Features by activating your license in the FREE version. You can reference the following article on how to do to activate your license.How-To: Activate your license in Malwarebytes for Windows