To connect your Management Console to connect to a Syslog Server, you will need to have at least version 1.6.0 of the Malwarebytes Management Console.
How do I upgrade to the latest version of the Malwarebytes Management Console?
Once you've installed version 1.6.0 or higher, please do the following:
- Log on to the Management Console
- Click the Admin pane
- Click the Syslog Server tab
- Click Change...
- Check Enable Syslog
- Enter the following information
- Syslog Server: The IP address or Hostname of your Syslog server
- Port: The port you'd like to use for Syslog traffic from your Management Server
- Protocol: Select to use either TCP or UDP protocol
- Facility: The Facility you'd like Malwarebytes information to appear in Syslog as
- Severity: The Severity you'd like Malwarebytes information to appear in Syslog as
- Click OK
Your Management Server will now send data from the Threat View to the Syslog Server. At this time, all Syslog data is sent in JSON format only.