Install Malwarebytes for Mac
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Locate the downloaded file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg.
3.x.y.zzz represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the folder.
- Double-click the file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg to start the setup wizard.
If you cannot open the downloaded file because it is from an unidentified developer, refer to Apple's article MacOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer.
- The next screen shows the improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, then click
- To confirm you agree to the Software License Agreement, click
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer's User Name and Password, then click
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click
- If the MB for Mac installer is located in the Downloads folder, you will see a prompt with options to Keep or Move to Trash.
- After you've completed the steps above, you will see the following screen.
- If you click Not Now, you will be directed to the Dashboard, which will look like this:
- Click Activate Protection and you will see the following prompt:
- Click Open Privacy Settings and then click Allow on the System Preferences window to enable the required extension for real time protection.
If you purchased a Premium subscription, Activate Malwarebytes for Mac Premium to access features such as Real-Time Protection.
- Find my Premium license key
- Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac
- Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
Still need help? Chat with us.