Use this article to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac. The instructions below take you through the Malwarebytes for Mac setup process step-by-step with pictures.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- The download name will be Malwarebytes-Mac-x.x.x.xxx.pkg, where x.x.xxx is the version number.
- Locate the downloaded file Malwarebytes-Mac-x.x.xxx.pkg.
- In most cases, files are downloaded into the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the file to start the setup wizard.
- Malwarebytes for Mac needs to run a program to determine if the software can be installed. Click Continue.
- The setup wizard displays an introduction to Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- Next, you will see the improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Continue.
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement. Then click Continue.
- To confirm you agree to the software license agreement, click Agree.
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer's username and password then click Install Software.
If you have macOS High Sierra 10.13, the setup wizard needs permission to install Malwarebytes for Mac. Click Open Privacy Settings.
Note: If you do not see this option, proceed to step 13.
- Click Allow, then close the Security & Privacy window. Refer back to the setup wizard and click Continue.
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click Close to exit the setup wizard.
After you've completed the steps above, you can open Malwarebytes for Mac to start using the application. If you purchased a Premium subscription, activate Malwarebytes for Mac to enable the Premium feature set.
See the Malwarebytes for Mac User Guide to configure settings, scans, and other features Malwarebytes for Mac offers.