The Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility removes Malwarebytes files, settings, and license information from your Windows computer. You can use the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility to uninstall your Malwarebytes software or remove files leftover from a previous installation. To remove traces of Malwarebytes from your computer, download and run the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility.
If you need to uninstall Malwarebytes business software, refer to the article Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility for business products.
Download and run the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility
- Close any applications you have open on your computer.
- Download the latest version of the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility.
- Locate the downloaded file, mb-clean-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
x.x.x.xxxx represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the folder.
- Double-click the file mb-clean-x.x.x.xxxx.exe to start the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Click Yes to agree to the Malwarebytes End User License Agreement and remove all Malwarebytes components from your system.
- Click Yes to reboot your computer and complete the uninstall process.
- When your computer reboots, log in.
- Click Yes to install Malwarebytes for Windows, or click No to skip this step.
If you do not see the window below, continue to step 10.