To take advantage of new features and improvements, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of the Malwarebytes Management Console. Upgrading the Malwarebytes Management Console does not interfere with scans, updates, protection, or threat notifications.
When your upgrade is finished, you may notice a delay between your clients and the Management Console. To mitigate delays, reinstall your managed clients. For more information, see the article Install managed clients with Malwarebytes Management Console.
If you are upgrading from Malwarebytes Management Console v1.3 or if you have an evaluation license, you must reactivate your license when the upgrade is complete. Refer to the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security Quick Start Guide, Licenses for Purchases and Trials section.
Upgrade the Malwarebytes Management Console
- Backup the Malwarebytes Management Console database.
Refer to the article Backup or restore the Malwarebytes Management Console database.
- Download the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security ZIP archive.
- Locate and extract the .zip file, Malwarebytes_Endpoint_Security_x.x.x.xxxx.zip.
- Double-click the Managed folder.
The Malwarebytes Endpoint Security version number changes with each update.
- Right-click the file mbmc-setup-x.x.x.xxxx.exe, then click Run as administrator.
- The Malwarebytes Management Server Setup Wizard guides you through the steps required to complete the installation.
Complete the steps to upgrade the Malwarebytes Management Console.